Regarding to legend, clock spiders possess nine legs nonetheless, in fact they are just as normal as other types of spiders when they only have 8 of them. And their true name is Huntsman Spider or you can call it Camel Spider as well. They belong to a family named Sparassidae. And due to the speed as well as the mode of hunting, its name is Huntsman Spider.
You can see the clock spider picture on the Internet. Initially, there was a guy took 3 pictures and uploaded on Internet which subsequently created an entire phenomenon about this creature. The first picture shows the wall clock with four black hairy legs stuck out from behind. The second one is the zoom out of one hairy and horrifying black spider with flatten body. And the last one is the zoom in view of that creature. Try not to look for the clock spider picture if you consider spiders as your nightmares and evil enemy.
These creatures are native to Australia, Asia, Africa and America as well. They do have 8 legs with eight big black eyes as well as flatten bodies covered with loads of smooth hair. Although they have only 8 legs, many people mistake their 2 leg – like appendages with legs, thus they think that these monsters have 10 legs. Despite loathly appearance, these spiders are completely harmless (no venom, no aggressive character). Some people even raise them in their garden since these spiders mainly live on insects and pets like cockroaches and crickets. They often live under barks or stones or occasionally, they can get into houses and shade places since they do not like sunshine. Their vision may be not as good as others especially when compared to jumping spiders. Nonetheless, it is still adequate for them to detect the coming things, threatens or other creatures from a certain distance.
These creatures are more likely to live under barks or rocks or sometimes they can enter into houses or garages and other shady places since they are not keen on sunshine. As for vision, their eyesight are not as good as that of jumping spiders. However, it is sufficient for them to recognize the approaching things or other creatures from a certain distance.
Even though they are majorly harmless however, the female ones may become quite aggressive when they sense the approaching threatens to their eggs oothecal or young offspring. Most of the case are due to accident. However, it is still highly recommended that you may treat these bites with some home remedies to prevent local swelling, inflammation and itchiness caused by the bite.
However, it is recommended that you should seek help from doctor as soon as possible when you experience nausea, headache as well as vomiting and irregular heartbeat.
1. Ice Pack
When you get bitten by these spiders, the very first thing you must do is to cleanse the bite with mild soap and water. Apply the cold compress to reduce the temperature to numb the nerve endings, relieve the itchiness and lower the local swelling as well as inflammation.
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them by a clean washcloth
- Press on the affected area for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Repeat the process for the first 24 hours after the bite
- Alternatively, you can place the bite under the cold running water for several minutes.
- Note: Do not the ice on the skin directly.
You can soothe minor symptoms of the clock spider bites by adopting aspirin too. It can reduce the inflammation, itchiness as well as the pain caused by the bite. Moreover, thanks to its powerful anti – inflammatory compounds can manipulate swelling and inflammation too.
- Soak some aspirin pills in the warm water to create a paste
- Apply the paste on the spot
- Let it sit for a few hours then wash it thoroughly with warm water
- Repeat the process for several times a day.
Salt consists of antiseptic as well as anti – inflammatory compounds which can effectively reduce the inflammation, itchiness and redness as well. More importantly, it can speed up the healing process.
- First of all, you need to wash the spot with warm water
- Put some salt on the clean washcloth
- Then bandage the washcloth to the spot for several hours before removing it and wash again with water
- Repeat the process for several days.
Potatoes are another method to treat clock spider bite. A small note is that you should use starchy potato. They can effectively reduce the itchiness and inflammation caused by the clock spider bites. Moreover, it can help your body to keep the afflicted area moisturized to speed up the healing process.
- Peel a potato and wash it
- Grate the potato
- Put the potatoes that has been grated into piece of washcloth and tie it tightly
- Rub a bit alcohol on the affected area and cleanse it, then put the potato on it
- Leave it till the potato is dry.
- Wash thoroughly with water again.
- Repeat the process till the condition has improved.
5. Activated Charcoal
This wonderful option will offer you significantly beneficial for your affected area. It contains innate absorption compounds that remove the toxics properties in the body (if have any). After that, the inflammation as well as the itchiness will be reduced crucially.
- You can create a paste of active charcoal with some water.
- Apply directly on the affected area and keep it in the place and bandage it.
- Repeat the process every 3 hours in the first day
- Then repeat for several next days but with lower frequency.
6. Baking Soda
This is another effective method to treat the clock spider bites. There is alkaline properties in baking soda to draw out the swelling thus it can reduce the itchiness, inflammation as well as pain.
- Add some baking soda with a cup of water
- Dip a cotton ball into this solution and apply it directly on the affected area for several minutes.
- After that, wash again with warm water
- Repeat the process for several times a day till you notice improvement.